Who we are.
AFC is a boutique firm with the niche expertise of Advisors that worked on behalf of and within small, emerging and complex global asset management firms at every phase of life-cycle, organizational issue or need. Our interconnected fund manager skill sets offer operational alpha to small or emerging managers no matter the size of project or manager. Enterprise wide know how to offer a strategic and cost efficient alternative to overcome today’s business challenge of executing, augmenting & growing a successful asset management business that competes for assets on a highly viable basis.
Our highly experienced Advisor(s) work directly with fund manager executive(s) across most of the non-portfolio functions of an alternative investing fund manager enterprise. The know how to execute an immediate need, diagnostic review or upon request, the ongoing collaborative support to project a more robust organization and increase the likely-hood of marketing success.
Expertise working with niche to complex alternative investing managers across (domestic-global) SEC registered or exempt managers to facilitate a competitive advantage that works with existing AUM across business and marketing solicitation strategy, fund formation, securities law, risk management, best practices compliance infrastructure or administration, “best practices” front to back office infrastructure execution, processes and controls, due diligence (buy or sell side), counter-parties, trading-counter-party framework or as needed C-level co-sourcing support across the CLO, COO, GC, CFO or CCO function.
Partner level Advisors (not junior associates) work with fund manager clients to: (i) make more informed and cost effective business decisions; (ii) desired change happen; (iii) focus more on portfolio; and (iv) increase the likely-hood of marketing success:
- Each AFC professional has two decades of c-level in the trenches and external advisory experience working within cutting edge securities law firms, spectrum of hedge funds or complex global institutional alternative asset management firms.1
- We share the extensive knowledge acquired from relationships and resources not otherwise available to a client organization.
- Nimble think out of the box solutions to problems that a client’s investors demand across high net worth, family offices, fund of funds and the spectrum of complex institutional investors.
- Strategically boutique to provide the tailored support relative to current AUM that is both viable and sustainable for each particular client organization and need.
- Team’s broad skill set, real world business experience and collaborative (c-level) advisory expertise can facilitate for a client the: (i) expansion of its target investor base; (ii) separation from the pack; and (ii) increase the likely-hood of asset gathering success.1
- “Real world” business know how and deep functional expertise across the fund manager organization means cost-efficient options to overcome today’s business challenges.1
- Unlike firms with predictable commoditized support – partner level professionals work closely with each client executive (not junior associates) to add value and make change happen.
- We share two decades of industry insight, relationships, and resources not otherwise available to a client organization.
- We get to know each client across its enterprise, we believe the best and most cost effective way for a client to: (i) make more informed business decisions (ii) make desired change happen; (iii) focus more on portfolio management; and (iv) increase the likely-hood of a asset gathering success across the spectrum of investors.
1. SEI knowledge partnership – insight for investment management, 2013
What we do.
- Expertise and deep experience across the interconnected non-trading skill sets of executing, managing and augmenting an asset management organization and its fund product offerings.1
- Project or ongoing support across investor-marketing framework, business strategy, legal, corporate, fund offering structures, securities law, fund operations, counter-parties, compliance regulations (framework, administration, process and controls), enterprise risk, diagnostic specific or firm review, benchmark to best practices fund infrastructure, fund finance matters, investor ready due diligence (buy or sell side). 2,3
- No matter the need, a partner level professional (not a junior associate) works closely with a fund manager client to provide collaborative co-sourced solutions on a highly cost-efficient basis across the GC, CLO, COOs, CCOs, or CFO function to problems across the entire forest not just the trees.2
What we also do.
Best Practices Diagnostic Analysis, Proactive Due Diligence Investor Ready Recommendations or Solutions, (enterprise wide) or area of need best practices analysis. Mitigate inefficiencies, curb investor perceived reputational issues and project safety of assets. Better managed firms create better returns and increase the likely-hood of success.
C-suite - Collaborative and Scalable Advisors, mitigate perceived reputational and regulatory risk by investors with “hands-on” scalable and cost-efficient (CCO, GC, CFO or COO) functional (as needed) support from our professionals advising the spectrum of start-up, emerging to complex asset management organizations across front to back office non-investment key functions.1
Deep Fund-Firm Product Formation Expertise, from planning, nimble execution of the appropriate fund product, implementing or modifying supporting infrastructure to satisfy investors, regulatory demands and AUM. Across front, middle and back office operations we also implement the desired fund product to each client organization to both mitigate cost and increase the likely-hood of both short and long term success.
Our Added Value Across the Enterprise.
- Business & marketing strategy, increase likely-hood of marketing success with our deep understanding of what works and does not work with target investor. Proactively avoid the organization red flags that lead to sophisticated investor rejection by peer selection.
- Increase operational alpha, we leverage pragmatic industry know how and our deep industry relationships to augment operations, counter-party relationships and curb the execution or legacy costs that drag on returns.
- Counter-party expertise, deep knowledge and relationships across counter-parties, robust infrastructure, enterprise risk management, reducing execution or legacy costs.
Proactive & Viable Support across the Enterprise to Overcome Today’s Business Growth Challenges