Who we are.
AFC is a boutique firm with the niche expertise of skilled advisors that both worked within and externally advised emerging and complex global asset management firms at every phase of life-cycle and most organizational business need. Our interconnected legal and business skill sets can create the operational alpha for small, emerging or established managers to gain scale and efficiency, keep pace with marketplace demands, and run their businesses more strategically.
No matter the size of project or manager, we offer enterprise wide expertise and a cost efficient resource to overcome today’s business challenge of executing, augmenting and managing an asset management organization that competes for assets on a highly viable basis. Our highly business experienced team works directly with fund manager executives sharing their expertise and experience from working with and within the spectrum of niche to complex alternative investing managers.
Complex, institutional and cutting edge fund manager expertise and C-level co-sourcing across business and marketing solicitation strategy process, fund execution-formation, securities law matters, firm risk management, “best practices” compliance, regulations set-up and management, front to back office infrastructure implementation, operations and management, investor ready due diligence support (buy or sell side), counter-parties, or as needed C-level collaborative co-sourcing at a high level across the GC, COO, CFO or CCO function.
- Strategically boutique to offer the “hands on” support we believe is the most effective and added value for our clients tailored to AUM, team and need.
- AFC professional with two decades of c-level in the trenches and external advisory experience working within cutting edge securities law firms and/or complex global institutional alternative asset management firms.1
- Real world business experience and expertise to facilitate: (i) expansion of your investor target profile; (ii) separate your firm from peers; (iii) more informed business decisions to make desired change happen; and (v) provide more time and energy to focus on portfolio management.1
- Holistic know-how at one firm across the fund manager organization means added value of cost-effective and big picture solutions no matter the scope of need to overcome today’s business challenges.1
- Unlike firms with predictable commoditized support – partner level professionals work closely with each client executive (not junior associates) to add value and make change happen.
- We share two decades of industry insight, relationships, and resources not always accessible to a client organization.
- Nimble think out of the box business solutions for target investors across high net worth, family offices, fund of funds and the spectrum of complex institutional investors.
Collaborative Support to gain scale and efficiency, keep pace with marketplace demands and run your businesses more strategically.
Exactly What We Can Do to Overcome Today’s Fund Manager Business Challenges.
- Start-Ups – Deep Fund-Firm Product Formation Expertise,from planning, nimble execution of the appropriate fund offering products, implementing or modifying supporting infrastructure to satisfy investors, regulatory demands and AUM. Across front, middle and back office, we execute the fund product or help implement the exacting infrastructure to keep pace with investor demands, gain scale and efficiency.
- Emerging or Well Established- Best Practices Diagnostic Analysis, Due Diligence Investor Ready Recommendations or Solutions Across the Enterprise, (enterprise wide) or area of need, mitigate inefficiencies, curb investor perceived reputational issues and project safety of assets across compliance, operations, legal, finance, trading, etc., to increase the likely-hood of marketing success.
- Start-Up, Emerging or Well Established – C-Suite Collaborative Advisors, mitigate risk for both you and investors with “hands-on” scalable and cost-efficient (CCO, GC, CFO or COO) functional (as needed) co-sourcing support from partners advising the spectrum of start-up, emerging to complex asset management organizations.1
- Business & marketing strategy for fund managers or marketers, increase likely-hood of marketing success with our deep understanding of what works and does not work with target investor. Proactively avoid the organizational and investor due diligence red flags that may lead to investor rejection by peer selection.
- Increase operational alpha, we leverage pragmatic industry know how and our deep industry relationships to augment operations, counter-party relationships and curb the execution or legacy costs that can drag on returns.
- Counter-party expertise, deep knowledge of and relationships across counter-parties, robust infrastructure, enterprise risk management, reducing execution or legacy costs.